Ladies are more concerned about the wedding day than men and want everything to be perfect, hence, women like to do the bulk of the planning to make sure everything goes the way they want. But sometimes, ‘the big day’ doesn’t go the way we want, that’s why people start planning their weddings months before or hire an event planner.
Trying to plan a wedding without the help of a wedding planner, here are some of the important aspects of planning a wedding
- Have a budget. You should have an idea of how much you are willing to spend on the wedding and make your plans around this budget. After estimating an amount for the wedding, have it at the back of your mind that prices may not go as planned so be ready to spend a few extra cash above the budget, but nothing way above the budget.
- Make an estimate of the number of guests that you want in attendance. I used the word ‘estimate’because here in Nigeria it would be hard to know the exact number of people attending, but if it is possible to have a list that would be stuck to, then that’s fine.
- Find a venue. Do you plan on using your backyard, an event hall or a beach, you have to find the right venue that can take all you guests. When picking the venue, you don’t want one that can’t take in all your guests or one with empty chairs after all the guests have arrived. In Nigeria if you estimate 500 guests, try getting a venue that can accommodate 600 people. Also, if there is a particular hall you want to use, try booking for it early, because you might not be the only one planning on using the venue on that same day.
- Picking your bridesmaids. If you have up to 10 friends that you feel good about standing up there with you on your big day, then you can have 10 bridesmaids, but if you have only 2 friends that you feel are worth being your maids of honour, then it’s enough. You don’t have to use unfamiliar people as your bridesmaids just because the last wedding you attended there were 12 bridesmaids.
- Finding the right dresses. Some brides are more nervous about wearing the perfect dress on that day than the day itself. The first step to finding the right dress is knowing the exact silhouette of the dress you would like to wear, if it is mermaid, trumpet, ball gown or column. There are so many beautiful dresses of different silhouettes, trying to find the right one in the midst of all of it can become confusing. You don’t have to go over your budget for the right dress, there will always be one that suits you within your budget. You can check out trendy Wedding dress styles on promshopau. Also check this Lace bridesmaid dress and Mother of the groom dresses.
- Food and drinks. It is always better to have more food. than for some of your wedding guests to leave without getting any food. Like the hall, If you don’t have a fixed amount of guests, then cater for more guests than you estimated.
- Get a good photographer. You don’t want to see your wedding pictures and be wondering why the world is against you. It might just be a once in a lifetime event for you, spend that extra cash on a quality photographer and have beautiful memories to show your children.
If I missed anything, let me know in the comment section. Thanks for reading. Love.